About Me

Monday, September 17, 2012

What's my favorite thing about Texas?

The cute cows.

Besides that, ummm nothing much.

I don't really mean to offend anyone, but I HATE how closed-minded most of the people I've met here are. They are so indifferent about everything ever that I have blogged about ever, and I've only met 3 people who have expressed similar views.

I mean, in my AP Psychology class, we were talking about organic apples for some reason, and this half-wit kid speaks up and goes, "Ummm, if it's a fruit, and it comes from the ground, then how can it be not organic?"

And the entire class - INCLUDING THE TEACHER - stayed silent in agreement with his question.

-___________________________________________________-

"FIRST OF ALL, APPLES GROW ON TREES, THEY DON'T SPRING UP FROM THE GROUND LIKE MAGICAL GOPHERS," I wanted to yell, "SECONDLY, INORGANIC FOODS ARE GENETICALLY MODIFIED BY BIG COMPANIES THAT USE PESTICIDES AND CHEMICAL FERTILIZERS TO CORRUPT OUR FOODS AND EXPECT PEOPLE TO PAY FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE AN APPLE, BUT IS ACTUALLY CRAP. YOU ARE EATING CRAP. ORGANIC FOODS ARE GROWN BY HUMBLE SMALL FARMERS WHO GAIN THEIR LIVELIHOOD HONESTLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN FEEDING PEOPLE TOXIC SUBSTANCES. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE BEING OPPRESSED BY THE AFOREMENTIONED BIG COMPANIES - THEY WANT PEOPLE EATING CRAP. BUT PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS BECAUSE WE'RE IN THE FREAKING SUBURBS OF FREAKING TEXAS AND NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING! EAFDJSLHJGRHRLIYTRELRGEFDRES!!!!!!!!"

For fear of seeming like a maniacal freak, I chose to keep the truth to myself and sit fume in silence for the next hour and a half.

And this is why I am moving to Sweden in two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment