About Me

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Creationism conflict response

I think that the reporter took a very strange (at least to me) and ineffective approach in covering the story. I found it exceptionally hard to follow, as the majority of the story consisted of quotes and descriptions of what each person said and how they said it. The lede was just ridiculous and inappropriately flippant compared to the seriousness of the topic. "Big Tex" and "Tyrannosaurus Rex"? Really? At that point, I just wanted to stop reading. The writer could have also gotten the side people who were pro-creationism (if that was in there, I probably didn't notice due to the excessive ratchetness around it). The topic is pretty important, and Mark Wiggins just confused all of his readers, if he has any left after this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment