About Me

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What role should the government play in people's lives?

Well. Clearly this is the question which answer is open to discussion, to put it lightly. Generally, Republicans are for little government interference while the Democrats are all about federal intervention. In short, the government is supposed to do whatever it takes to keep its people safe. It's a good idea, but if you think about it (which is the government's job), what does that even mean? Safe from terrorist attacks? OK, that makes sense, but how? By amping up national security? By waging war there before it happens here? Or should the people not even know about any threat going on? What even defines "safe"?
I personally do not know the answer to this blog question, because it's all indefinite. If you're asking me if I think the government is doing a good job protecting its people, I'll give you my definition of "safety" and give you a definite "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment