About Me

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Birthday adventures

The past sixteen birthdays of my life have been very unusual to say the least. In the early stages of my life, my mother devoted her life to making every one of my birthdays "unique." One year, my mom decided to invite all the orphans in our neighborhood to my party. We played musical chairs. It was pretty sweet. Another time, my mom threw me a "Pink and Purple" party. Half the guests wore green. And who can forget the year my mom told me she didn't have time to throw a party? I had a sneaky plan, and I wrote myself a Happy Birthday card woefully expressing my melancholy of having no party that year... Boo hoo. I put the card in plain sight next to my bed with an ulterior motive in mind. I woke up that morning to a pile of gifts and to my mom telling me that she read my card of depression and threw me a mini party! Yay for deception! It's all about the presents, really. Presents are everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment