About Me

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rainy day memories...

The delicate trickle of rain turned into a downpour in a matter of minutes.
"God is crying," I thought to myself, "because people are mean..."
In the Philippines, rain can last for days, even weeks. The seasonal monsoon came every summer, so when the rest of the world is building sand castles, I was stuck inside.
Lying upside down on the table didn't help my boredom. Though it did help me learn that a rush of blood to the head does not make your brain explode...
I was an eight-year-old only child. Loneliness came easily to my kind of people.
My aunt called me up on the telephone just then. She was beckoning me to come outside.
"Umm... I'll get wet?" I said confusedly.
She advised me to cease my weenie-ness, and so I came outside.
I found my aunt underneath an umbrella watching my cousins splash around in the rain like a couple of cuties. They motioned for me with their hand, and I ran to them excitedly with the spark of childhood innocence in my eyes.
I miss that spark... -_-
It was the best time! We hopped in puddles and got soaked in the rain... Like awesome peas in a pod :)
I LOVE THE RAIN! But only when no one judges me for running outside with my mouth open and my face to the sky. You know, like a G.

No comments:

Post a Comment