About Me

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Do I make New Year's resolutions?

I guess, in a way, everyone does. I mean, it's a new year! Everyone has to think something along the lines of "This year is going to be better than last year."I make personal resolutions pretty much all the time, but that doesn't mean I follow them. The reason I make them, no matter how pointless they might seem, is that they keep me optimistic. When I make resolutions, I acknowledge the fact that I am not perfect and that there is always room for improvement within any area of myself. This fact keeps me going because I know that things are always going to get better.
For 2013 in particular, I want to try and eliminate desire from my heart, because when you want nothing, you always get more than what you ask for, and then everything good becomes a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment