About Me

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's one piece of advice I would give to the world?

Dear world,
Please stop stereotyping me. Just because I'm Asian, it doesn't mean I have to be smart or have to have monolids. Also, not all Filipinos have dark skin. I don't. Just letting you know.

Love, Bianca



And that's my advice to the world! I'm not bitter about anything, but I don't really like being confined to a label. It's fine when people bring something up relating to your culture or background just to make conversation, but not when they judge you based on predetermined assumptions. Stereotypes aren't nice. I like getting to know a person for a little while and understanding their own view of their culture and personality before making my own judgements. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment